Monday, November 28, 2005

Agatha by Kathleen Tynan

A Novel of Mystery

I’m a huge Agatha Christie fan, so when I stumbled across this novel in the library, I couldn’t resist.  Having already read all of her works, I’m always hoping that some undiscovered manuscript will come forth from someone’s dusty attic.  This novel isn’t quite that, but it was fun anyway.  

When in her 30s, Christie disappeared mysteriously for eleven days.  Despite enormous publicity, it has never been determined what really happened during that time.  Even in her autobiography, Christie makes no mention of it.  This novel by Kathleen Tynan invents an interesting tale of what could have happened.  I enjoyed reading it, mostly because I like Christie, but also on its own merits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home