Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Absolution by Murder by Peter Tremayne

A Sister Fidelma Mystery

I’m still in my current craze for historical mysteries.  I had heard of this author, so I decided to give him a try.  A true scholar, this book was brimming with Celtic lore.  I was interested to learn how liberated Irish women were in the 7th century.  It does make it easier for the author to create a heroine that 21st century readers can identify with (a little like cheating, really, to pick that time period).  That’s one reason I admire the Margaret Frazer series; she creates a female who fits well in her time.  

It took me a little while to get the many characters straight, as they were introduced a bit too quickly.  Otherwise, this was a very good read, although I was able to guess the murderer.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home